One of my recommendations for building a healthy gut is having a handful of soup recipes that you love on hand. Soup is easy to digest and packed with nutrition. One of my favorite soups is called “Detox Soup”. I was introduced to this soup years ago by a women who taught me much of what I know about gut health when my daughter was struggling with digestive issues. This was one of the main soups I made for her to help her digestive system.
This soup is wonderful for helping clean our blood and reduce the over growth of yeast in our body. Anyone who has dealt with candida knows we have to be really careful about staying away from foods that feed the candida. This soup can be used as part of a candida cleanse or just enjoyed as a healthy meal.
A few more tips for building a healthy gut:
- For our gut to be healthy it needs to be warm and relaxed. Try staying away from ice and cold drinks. It makes the gut stiff and leaky. Instead drink room temperature water and warm lemon water.
- Avoid being stressed when you eat. Stress turns off the digestive system and we do not digest our food properly. Check-in with yourself before you eat and notice what your stress level is. If you are stressed, take a few deep breathes.
What are your favorite soups? Let me know.
3-day Yeast-busting Detox Soup Recipe
Ingredients as followed:
- 2 Quarts of water
- 1 Large onion
- 3 Tablespoons of yeast-free veggie broth
- 1 Teaspoon of caraway seeds
- Sea salt for taste
- 1/2 Small cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 Pound of broccoli (roughly chopped)
- 1 Bounch of parsley (washed, stalks removed)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Small zucchinis
- 2 Small chilies (optional)
Cook all ingredients on low heat for several hours until almost cooked. Blend and taste for seasoning.
Serve over chopped avocado. Drizzle with olive oil. Eat for 1 to 5 days.